Ocala is home to many delicious and exquisite restaurants serving some of the finest and tastiest cuisines. You can experience the taste of Mark’s Prime Steakhouse & Seafood, Ivy on the Square, La Cuisine French Restaurant, Brick City Southern Kitchen, Harry’s Seafood Bar & Grille, Mesa de Notte, Latinos Y Mas, Ipanema Brazilian Steak House, Braised Onion and The Crazy Cucumber. At the World Equestrian Center, the Golden Hills Center is home to the Horse & Hounds Restaurant and The Blue Wagyu.
Rashad Jones operates Big Lee’s Serious About Barbecue local food truck. Rashad also is the host of the new Food Network show “Eat Sleep Barbecue featuring celebrity chef and restaurant owner Guy Fieri.
Retail and Shopping
One of the common featured shopping areas is in the Ocala’s Paddock Mall. The Mall has a history of Ocala’s horse community and some of the stores include Macy’s, JC Penney and American Eagle Outfitters. Downtown you will find unique shopping ares with stores such as Agapanthus, Ivy On the Square Boutique, Greiner’s of Ocala and Her Kloset at Greiner’s and Shannon Roth Collection – Olivia Co. & Kids, Dillard’s, Dick’s Sporting Goods and Old Navy.
1. The Horse Fever at Brick City Center for the Arts offers art from local artists. The Appleton Museum of Art is run by the College of Central Florida. The museum was a present by Arthur I. Appleton and is open to the general public.
2. Ocala is the home of the Silver Springs State Park where you can get glass bottom boat rides and you can see the river’s clear bottoms and aquaculture in its glory. The Silver Springs State Park was also used as a natural scenery for several Tarzan Movies, the Creature from the Black Lagoon and Sea Hunt movies.
3. As part of the Ocala National Forest, the area is an outdoor enthusiast dream with many hiking and biking trails, bird watching and nature watching.
4. Another interesting site to visit is the Fort King National Historic Landmark designated a national historic landmark in 2004. The site has a lot of history in it and is known to be one of the places camped upon by the Army during the Seminole War. There is also a version of the original of the fort and a visitor’s center.
5. Racing Car Fans can visit the Don Garlits Museum of Drag Racing.
6. Golfers can use their down time to play at the Ocala National Golf Club at Golden Hills.
7. The Marion Theatre shows first-run films or visit the Regal Hollywood Stadium 16 & IMAX.
8. The Ocala Civic Theatre have scheduled live-stage productions.
9. The Reilly Arts Center showcases a variety of live entertainment including a comedy show, a symphony concert, or a national dance tour.
10. Bonkerz Comedy Club at the Ocala Breeders Sales and Racebook hosts comics from around the country.